Thursday 23 August 2012

Another Home Shoot


This week I had a shoot with Fire’s Secret. Nothing unusual in that, but this time it was a ‘Home Shoot’ and for a change it was not my home. Fire’s Secret has recently moved has now lives in a spacious house with potential as a photographic location.

We worked in a large living room with white curtains that provided a good backdrop, and if the sun had been shining would have provided a good background for a silhouette, but as the weather was not playing we used my trusty Elinchrom studio flash to illuminate the scene. With the occasional interruption from Murphy, a colourful parrot, we did a series of shots loosely based around a chair inspired by designer Arne Jacobsen and a famous photo of Christine Keeler taken at the time of the Profumo Affair


After a while we moved to another room to do some shots that involved some large mirrored sliding wardrobe doors. The space was limited and it was awkward to keep my reflection out of the photo. Photoshop came to the rescue to remove some unwanted detail in the images, and I must admit that I am quite pleased with the results.


You can see more of my photos on my Homepage or at PurplePort.

No comments:

Post a Comment