Friday 29 April 2011

Hannah Ashlea


The day after the Easter Bank Holiday I had a shoot with Hannah Ashlea, a hard working and versatile model who is London based. I met Hannah at Swindon railway station, and this gave me a chance to chat with her about the planned shoot as we drove to Cheltenham where the studio that we were using is located.

The studio is very large and as the owners had just re-painted the infinity cove, I decided to shoot on a white background, a big change for me as I usually shoot on a black background. My usual lighting worked well with the background, and later on I did experiment with the lighting to good effect.


The first couple of sets were fairly casual in style with Hannah wearing jeans and a vest top. Later she wore a see through top and a translucent blouse that was worn open followed this. At this point I made use of the studio’s wind machine, an overgrown ducted fan, which added another dimension to the images.


About half way through the shoot Hannah then modelled some dresses, two of which were very colourful, and we did some shots in a fashion style, as well as a topless set where she wore a  wrap around skirt and beads.


Finally Hannah did some nude poses, and it was at this point that I modified the lighting, firstly creating a high key look, followed by some semi silhouettes. It was at this point that I did my usual trick and tripped the thermal cut outs on the flash heads, which brought us to a temporary halt until one of them re-set and I continued with yet another lighting set-up.


All in all I felt it was a successful shoot and I am looking forward to working with Hannah again.


No comments:

Post a Comment