Thursday 29 March 2012

Spring Is Sprung!

Spring is sprung,
the grass is riz,
I wonder where the birdies is.
They say the bird is on the wing.
But that's absurd.
The wing is on the bird.


This week I have taken advantage of the unusually warm weather to do my first location shoot of the year. The day was bright and sunny, the sky a clear and cloudless blue and at the early start time it was still quite chilly but it was warming up quite rapidly.

I collected my model for the day, S_Olivia, from her home and travelled to the first location via a well-known fast food outlet with golden arches that was en-route so that lunch could be purchased. The first location was a 13th century monastic Tithe Barn that is an impressive structure, where a few images were taken. The light was quite harsh giving very bright highlights and very deep shadows, not the best lighting for people photography.


We then moved to a beech wood that is situated on the site of an Iron Age hill fort where the open tree canopy softened the light enough to reduce the contrast which enabled me to get images that were more to my liking.

 
The one disadvantage of these locations was that they were not particularly secluded so you had to keep a good lookout for people walking past your location, normally walking dogs and taking an age to pass through as they are curious about what you are doing, I suppose the fact I was carrying a large lump of a camera and was in the company of a young, clothed, female model probably had their minds doing smutty thoughts overtime!

We finally did a few more shots back at my garden, where S_Olivia used some baby oil and water to enhance her skin textures.


You can see more of my work on my web site or on my Purple Port page.


No comments:

Post a Comment